Monday, September 11, 2006

Commuting Experiment 1

Friday afternoon I was heading home on the 4:45 and was pondering how I would execute my new experiment. As the train neared the station I walked to the very rear of the train, where only a handful of commuters exit the train.

On this particular day the conductor wasn't there to open the door for us. The train began to slow down and the gentleman standing in front of me tried to open the door. As the train came to a halt, he looks over his shoulder and says "It's Locked!" So, we turn around and start running down the aisle as if we were being chased by a wild boar. Luckily, there wasn't a wild boar and we managed to exit the train before it began rolling again. Once we reached the platform I turned to my new friend and said: "We're gonna have to try that again on Monday". He concurred and we walked our separate ways.

Until I find out this guy's name I will refer to him as subject "A".

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joel, I know these commuter train sewing circles well. They are a major reason why I now drive to work.

My advice for infiltrating a group is to find a group of 3 (clustered in seats that face each other), sit down as #4, act like you know them and they know you and just start talking about mundane things, e.g. cleaning your gutters, making banana bread, Tom Cruise's new daughter.

- Dave R.

12:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home