Wednesday, September 20, 2006

The Attack Kitten

I was walking to the train on Monday morning behind this woman and her daughter. Suddenly, out of nowhere this cute little kitten pops out of the bushes and approaches the woman and her daughter. They reacted as if they had just crossed paths with a spitting cobra. The woman defensively guided her daughter to the other side of the street and naturally, the kitten followed. At this point the woman started to become a tiny bit frantic and was shaking her keys at the menacing kitty and yelling "SHOO!"

This is where I stepped in as the neighborhood hero. I squatted down and made kissing noises at the kitten. No longer interested in the scared woman and child, the kitty came purring over toward me. The woman looked at me and said "OH, THANK YOU! We HATE cats." At the same time "Subject A" came out of his house and informed me that "Harriet" is a very playful kitten and likes to greet people as they walk down the street.

As "Subject A" and I were discussing the cat, a large black lab jumped up and started barking at the woman and her daughter. I think they have since picked a different route to the train station.

2 Comments:

Blogger Emma Christensen said...

I've heard that attack kittens are becoming increasingly problematic in urban areas. "Friendliness" is really just a code word for "Recon Mission." Seriously. It's a dangerous world out there.

11:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed this kitten story. How could anyone hate innocent kittens? You are my hero, Joel!

5:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home